Who we are
- We are [company/business name] a company registered in England and Wales with company number [insert registered company number], whose registered office is at [insert address]. Please see the Contact Us link on our homepage for our contact information. If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please contact our Data Protection Officer, who you may write to or contact by email at [insert email address] or by telephone on [insert telephone no].
How we collect information
- We may collect information about you from your completion of our on-line forms or from any email you send to us.
- Both we and the site owner, Enigma Interactive Limited (“Enigma”), will collect information about you if you register to use the SiteBuilder website at http://www.sitebuilderdiy.co.uk
- We may collect information about you if you contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
- We may obtain a record of site statistics about use of our Website from Enigma, but not in a format that identifies any individual.
- We may use ‘cookies’ to allow us to improve the experience of visitors to our website. Cookies are small text files which are transferred from this Website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. They enable a Website to “remember” who you are.
- Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but if you are using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you should be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. This may, however, affect your ability to log into and use certain areas or our site.
- We use session cookies to keep track of your session when you use our Website. If we provide an online shopping service we will use session cookies to remember what is in your shopping basket. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. We do not use persistent cookies which remain on your browser until you delete them. No cookies on our site are served or used by third parties. We do not use “spyware”, that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace activities of users.
Storage of information
- Your information will be stored on Enigma’s web server and we will keep our own backup copy. We may also store your information on paper at our offices.
- We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- You have a statutory right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee, which is currently £10.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing material from us at any time.
- To exercise your rights please contact us using the details below (Further Information).
What we use your information for
- We will use your information to provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us.
- If we provide an online shopping service we will use your information to fulfil your order.
With whom we may share your data
- We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances.
- We will share your information with Enigma to enable them to host your information or to register you as a user of their website.
- We will give third party providers who supply services to us (for example, as part of hardware or software maintenance) or who process information on our behalf (such as a hosting company) incidental access to your information.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
- If we provide an online shopping service, any credit or debit card details you supply will be passed to our payment provider and your card issuer.
- We may share your information with another organisation which buys our business or our assets or to whom we transfer our agreement with you and in the course of any negotiations, which may or may not lead to such a transfer or sale.
Transfers outside the EEA
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA. The EEA comprises certain countries within Europe (including the EU) which have similar laws on data protection. Other countries outside the EEA may not give the same level of protection to your information.
- If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, or would like to exercise your rights set out above, please contact us by email on [insert email address here]>.
- [Insert company name] is entered in the Register of Data Controllers with registration no. [insert registration number].
- Further information about data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Below, we explain the cookies we use and why.
|utma||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.|
|_utmb||We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The|
|_utmc||cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of|
|_utmz||visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|utCFTOKEN||The session cookie is used to maintain your basket information and if you are|
|CFID||The session cookie is used to maintain your basket information and if you are logged into our site.|
No personally identifiable information is stored by these cookies
|bt||Addthis use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web|
|di||browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete|
|dt||them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience.|